The Day Center of the Montreal Chinese Hospital offers services to members of the Chinese and South-East Asian communities.
Its staff help increase the quality of life for those with restricted physical, social or psychosocial autonomy by providing activities, preventive care and treatment.
- Provide physical and intellectual stimulation through appropriate exercises and group discussions
- Provide a space for socializing with games, crafts, cooking, and outside excursions
- Promote social reintegration
- Provide respite so caregivers can rest
To be admitted to the Montreal Chinese Hospital’s Day Center, you must file an application with a health and social services center (CSSS) in your neighborhood.
>> Find the CSSS in my neighborhood..
- Aged 50 years or more
- Has a Medicare card and will allow the Hospital access to medical and social service information
- Presents a loss of physical, cognitive and/or social autonomy
- Unable to participate in community activities in your neighborhood due to sociolinguistic barriers
- Willing to participate in the development and implementation of an intervention plan with Hospital staff
- Has sufficient capacity to perform daily activities with minimal support
- Able to cooperate and function in a group environment
The Day Center is open Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:30 am – 2:30 pm.
The activities are free. Only meals have a small fee.